Signs To Look Out For To Know If You Have A Drug Addiction
There are many times when we just do not know that we are going through drug addiction. Everyone has their own limit of what they can take most, for example, some people do not feel the effects of alcohol in their system even after 5 glasses, while some can get drunk easily by just 1 glass of alcohol. The same way, some people might smoke 10 cigarettes and won’t feel like their chest is getting heavy and their heartbeat is getting faster while some might just take 1 puff and feel like an anxiety attack is coming to them. Often, we do not know that we need professional help, we might sneeze and cough from time to time, or we might have a severe headache every here and now while doing drugs. This can all seem normal, but it can turn into something deadly in the long run. Therefore, once you realize that you have drug addiction problem, then you should opt for a reputable rehab center to get treated via detox treatment programs. Check This Out to learn more about the available treatment programs for drug addiction.
The following are the signs that you should look out for yourself or for someone whom you think might be addicted to drugs:
- The person might keep doing the drugs even long after the treatment is done for the health issue.
- You might need to take more than the recommended take to get the effects for the drugs working for you.
- You have weird scenarios happen to you when you stop taking the drug or the drug’s effect wears itself off. You might feel depressed about it, or a bit shaky. You might get severe headaches and stomach aches. Sweating is another sign as well as a fever and a seizure.
- You somehow cannot get rid of the drug no matter how hard you try. It keeps affecting your life, your relationship, your work, and your studies but still, even knowing how much of a bad impact it has had on your life—you just cannot get rid of the drug.
- A good number of hours go in your mind thinking when and where you are going to get the next dose of drug from.
- You will see that you will have lost interest in the things that you used to love doing, like watching movies, painting, gaming etc. All the things that you loved doing seem like a chore for you now.
- You actively try to hide the effect of the drug on yourself so that people may not notice it, this is an unconscious way for the drug to make the host keep taking the drugs.
- You keep trying to look for drugs all the time, you will look for them in the medicine cabinet, you will look for them in any place where you might think there might be drugs. You will even find yourself meeting people who might have drugs even though you never liked that person.
- You will see that you will be sleeping all the time, either you will be looking for drugs or you will be taking them with your new druggie friends or you will be sleeping for a long time.
- You will start to look weak and frail, your eyes will always have redness on them, your breath will be bad, your body will tremble a lot, you might gain weight as well or you might lose weight, although losing weight is more common.
All of these are symptoms for drug addiction and if you are experiencing any one of them then you should probably get checked for drug addiction at a drug rehab facility.